[Cryptography] GHCQ Penetration of Belgacom

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Dec 23 16:05:54 EST 2014

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014, Guido Witmond wrote:

> I remember a story that early time computers were so unreliable that
> programmers did a multiplication directly after a division to verify the
> result.

I still remain astonished, that, since Babbage/Lovelace/Turing/etc, that
many alleged programmers still do not know that 0.0 != 0.

Never compare floating-point numbers for equality; I think Henry Spencer
said that (I've actually shook hands with him, and a better bloke you
would never meet).

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)