[Cryptography] Any opinions on keybase.io?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Wed Dec 17 10:50:26 EST 2014

On Dec 16, 2014, at 5:24 PM, Judson Lester <nyarly at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problems with keybase aren't, in my opinion, something that "being in alpha" explains. As a system, it is designed with remote generation and network transmission of a private key. These features are optional, granted, but they're still incredible misfeatures. I would love to be able to interpret their inclusion in the design as anything but incompetence or malice.

You say that as if you have proposed a design that allows people with only web browsers, not control of their command line, to securely share their identities. I don't see that in your linked article. Or are you saying that participation in this type of identity federation should only be allowed to those of us with those capabilities, or people who are willing to run some "trusted" binary executable for our platform?

--Paul Hoffman