[Cryptography] Any opinions on keybase.io?

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Tue Dec 16 16:20:16 EST 2014

 -- Replying to --
From: Ben Laurie
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 02:50

On 16 December 2014 at 01:37, Tony Arcieri <bascule at gmail.com> wrote:
> Keybase speaks to how terrible and unusable the existing SKS keyserver
> system is.
>
> However, they're trying to raise the usability bar, but the first thing you
> have to do is install Node.js and run a bunch of crap from the command line.
>
> How is that going to help Johnny encrypt?

Quite so. Not sure if I've mentioned this before on this list, so in
case I haven't: https://simplysecure.org/.

<orcnote>
  I think it is to be understood that keybase.io is still in
  Alpha and tends to be growing bottom-up.

  This seems to be moving further in the right direction,

 <http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2014/11/19/Keybase-Client>.
</orcnote>