[Cryptography] Any opinions on keybase.io?

raindog 308 raindog308 at raindog308.com
Mon Dec 15 20:24:17 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Judson Lester <nyarly at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I wrote something of a polemic against it a few months ago. I think the
> fundamental point they're making (crypto should be easier to use, and keys
> easier to exchange) is a good one, but the conclusions (centralize with us,
> send your private key over the network, use our encryption algorithm,

I admit I haven't looked at the code, but what I took from their web site
does not imply that you need to send/share your private key, or that the
encryption algorithm used is "theirs".  Assuming there's nothing hidden in
their code, I'm not sure what the objection is.  But I do enjoy a good
polemic, so...care to share a link to yours?