[Cryptography] Any opinions on keybase.io?

Judson Lester nyarly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:56:01 EST 2014

On Mon Dec 15 2014 at 3:29:28 PM John Ioannidis <ji at tla.org> wrote:

> I just found out about it, and judging by the use of a gray font and
> cutesy pictures on their website, I'm already prejudiced against it.

 I wrote something of a polemic against it a few months ago. I think the
fundamental point they're making (crypto should be easier to use, and keys
easier to exchange) is a good one, but the conclusions (centralize with us,
send your private key over the network, use our encryption algorithm, etc
etc) they draw are non sequitors and distressing.

There was an open project I did a little bit of work on called keygraph - I
think it stalled out a bit, though.

Judson