[Cryptography] Alternative to C and C++ for crypto programming?

Felix Ruzzoli memmaker at 32kb.org
Sun Apr 20 03:34:06 EDT 2014

I'd like to mention a Programming Language which was built with some of
the problems you mentioned in mind.

The Philosophy is to have a safety-first semantics and with a bit of
additional work, one can disable the additional safety-overhead, e.g.
for Bounds-Checking.
Also the language in question compiles to native machine code and
doesn't need any kind of VM. It has C style syntax and a high-level
class library which accompanies it.

I am, of course, talking about D. The better C++, imho.. (OK, Flame on..;)

Have a look for yourself:
http://dlang.org/
http://vibed.org/

I am currently working on porting my instant messaging server from
Python Twisted to D for added performance and education.

Regards,
fx