[Cryptography] Preliminary review of the other Applied Cryptography

Bear bear at sonic.net
Sat Apr 12 12:41:32 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-04-12 at 06:09 +0200, tpb-crypto at laposte.net wrote:

> Although namecoin is a cool idea it lacks one thing ... why don't it carry the cryptographic keys to access the domains it offers, securely? Couldn't the public keys be embedded in its blockchain?
>
> Namecoin could carry more than a mere naming system ... don't you think?

It absolutely does. Tor, I2P, and etc -- essentially all services that
use keys but not CAs -- are entirely compatible with namecoin and have
clients which have been adapted to use it.  Cert Authorities are visibly
redundant in namecoin-based domains, so there's no call to serve those
keys also.

			Bear