[Cryptography] Preliminary review of the other Applied Cryptography

Guido Witmond guido at witmond.nl
Fri Apr 11 08:06:58 EDT 2014

On 04/11/14 01:41, tpb-crypto at laposte.net wrote:

> It won't be long before a clever P2P DNS system pops out and kills
> everything related to the domain name and x509 system which clearly
> doesn't serve us anymore and whose abandonment is long overdue.

Given the time that people cling to XP, it will take 20 years to mature
and get used ubiquitously. Don't get me wrong, please design and build
that P2P DNS system now. In 20 years we will really need it.

In the mean time, we have DNSSEC to protect us as best as it can. I
don't want to wait for the perfect solution, I want incremental improvement.

Now, how do we get browser vendors to do dnssec/dane validation by default?

regards, Guido.