[Cryptography] Preliminary review of the other Applied Cryptography

tpb-crypto at laposte.net tpb-crypto at laposte.net
Thu Apr 10 19:41:27 EDT 2014

> Message du 11/04/14 01:11
> De : "Bear"
> But it will not happen this year, nor this decade. DNSSEC took over
> 20 years to develop and deploy, and is only about 90% fully deployed
> today, despite being a genuine security improvement against phishers
> and enjoying unambiguous political support. A potential SDNS system
> would address things that most consider much smaller problems and
> would lack political support besides. It is not likely to arrive
> sooner, even if we all get out and push.

That was exactly my point ... we waited 20 years to receive back such a shoddy standard. When the SEC part came out, well the definition of SEC has long changed already.

Considering that you give in that the idea of SEC has changed over time, let's throw away the political part and consider the technical solution.

Politics over time only complicated things and brought in inevitable corruption in the standards bodies and service providers. Anything that politics meddles in becomes bloody corrupt and thus doesn't serve the technical purposes anymore.

It won't be long before a clever P2P DNS system pops out and kills everything related to the domain name and x509 system which clearly doesn't serve us anymore and whose abandonment is long overdue.