[Cryptography] ideas for (long) Nothing up my sleeve numbers

Stuart Longland stuartl at longlandclan.yi.org
Wed Apr 2 16:41:50 EDT 2014

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 14:26:41 -0700, John Denker wrote:

> Let me repeat:  There is no such thing as a random number.

I suppose what most people think of when they mention "random number" is
a "randomly selected number".  That is, one whose selection is as
unpredictable as possible.

e.g. using a high-gain amplifier into an ADC to produce seemingly random
sequences of numbers (which would actually be weighted by whatever
electromagnetic fields are in the area).