[Cryptography] Sha3

John Kelsey crypto.jmk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 20:24:40 EDT 2013

If you want to understand what's going on wrt SHA3, you might want to look at the nist website, where we have all the slide presentations we have been giving over the last six months detailing our plans.  There is a lively discussion going on at the hash forum on the topic.

This doesn't make as good a story as the new sha3 being some hell spawn cooked up in a basement at Fort Meade, but it does have the advantage that it has some connection to reality.

You might also want to look at what the Keccak designers said about what the capacities should be, to us (they put their slides up) and later to various crypto conferences.

Or not.

--John