[Cryptography] ADMIN: less Snowden, more Crypto

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu Sep 5 20:53:04 EDT 2013

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 20:30:40 -0400 Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com>
wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2013, at 7:14 PM, John Kelsey wrote:
> > My broader question is, how the hell did a sysadmin in Hawaii get
> > hold of something that had to be super secret?  He must have been
> > stealing files from some very high ranking people.
> This has bothered me from the beginning.  Even the first leaks

Admin hat on:

As interesting as the overall speculation might be in a human
interest sort of way, I'd prefer if we avoided it, unless it points
to interesting lessons for making the world more secure going
forward or to something similarly worthwhile.

Yes, this is irresistible gossip for many of us, but I don't know that
it is interesting beyond that, and our traffic levels are quite high
right now already.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com