[Cryptography] provisioning a seed for /dev/urandom

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Sun Oct 27 20:19:45 EDT 2013

2013/10/27 James A. Donald <jamesd at echeque.com>

> Every interrupt should provide at least one bit of entropy.  There should
> be a lot more than 128 interrupts before the hypervisor gets running.

I really want a formal definition of "bit of entropy". The ways it's being
used here just don't "add up". Aren't interrupts (especially at
startup) *pretty
predictable*? Depending on the software, hardware, etc. I'd say you could
completely simulate them! (Environment factors ruin the fun, but that still
leaves interrupts as "water in the wine")