[Cryptography] prism-proof email in the degenerate case

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Tue Oct 22 21:20:18 EDT 2013

On 22 October 2013 20:13, Charles Allhands <allhands55 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a pynchon gate solve most of these
> problems? https://github.com/nmathewson/pynchon-gate

It'd be a step forward, for sure.  The fact that it's on Github may
imply it's a finished project, but it is actually more like 10-20%
written.

Pynchon Gate (http://www.freehaven.net/anonbib/cache/sassaman:wpes2005.pdf)
is, if I butcher it a little summing it into a single sentence, a
pseudonym server that aims to allow you to receive messages without
letting your pseudonym be linked to you.  It's like Tor for email -
doesn't disguise the fact that you're using it, but aims to disguise
what you're doing with it. Or, another way, it's the second generation
of nym servers.

As part of it's operation it requires a remailer network (which we
don't really have in a robust fashion these days), although in a pinch
you could use Tor instead.

-tom