[Cryptography] [RNG] on RNGs, VM state, rollback, etc.

Gary Wuertz gary at issiweb.com
Tue Oct 22 16:37:58 EDT 2013

Philipp Gühring <pg <at> futureware.at> writes:

> I have the feeling that HAVEGE is currently unmaintained, does anyone want
> to maintain it?

The original authors have moved on, but HAVEGE is alive and well at

http://www.issihosts.com/haveged/

> I would like to invite everyone concerned about RNGs at boottime to take a
> look at HAVEGE, to research it's security, to try to take over
> maintainership of HAVEGE, and to try to port it to additional processors
> where possible.

haveged implementation is portable enough to be found in the archives of
most distros: Centos, Fedora, Debian, OpenSuse, etc.

Architectural support:
i*86_64-* ia64-*, x86_64-*, powerpc-*, ppc-*, powerpc64-*, ppc64-*,
sparc*-*, sparclite*-*, s390*-*

Best Regards
Gary