[Cryptography] [RNG] on RNGs, VM state, rollback, etc.

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Oct 19 21:10:22 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-20 07:22, Jeffrey I. Schiller wrote:
> That is a value judgment, one where you let security be more important
> than anything else. That is a mistake.

The completely broken system is fixable, usually trivially fixable, and
once fixed, will stay fixed.

Maybe we need three sources of randomness: Ordinary random, never
blocks, somewhat predictable.  Cryptographically random, blocks during
boot up, unpredictable to adversaries.  True random.  Blocks
frequently.  On some systems, with limited sources of randomness, may
block a lot.  Truly unpredictable.