[Cryptography] /dev/random has issues

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Thu Oct 17 22:38:19 EDT 2013

On 10/17/13 at 2:26 PM, tytso at mit.edu (Theodore Ts'o) wrote:

>Is the cryptography mailing list the best place to be having these
>discussions?  There is the moderation delay, and I'm also not sure how
>eager the moderators are about having the mailing list taken over by
>people talking about code patches, etc., on this list.  I wonder if we
>should create a separate mailing list, perhaps a
>linux-random at vger.kernel.org, and take the more technical discussions
>to that mailing list.

I am quite happy to have the discussion here on the Cryptography
list. It doesn't produce enough volume to be annoying, and it
has good technical content.

Real world vs. theory is always interesting. :-)

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Concurrency is hard. 12 out  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | 10 programmers get it wrong. | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |                - Jeff Frantz | Los Gatos,
CA 95032