[Cryptography] prism-proof email in the degenerate case

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Oct 10 16:03:33 EDT 2013

> The simple(-minded) idea is that everybody receives everybody's email, but can only read their own.  Since everybody gets everything, the metadata is uninteresting and traffic analysis is largely fruitless.

Some traffic analysis is still possible based on just message originator.  If I see a message from A, and then soon see messages from B and C, then I can perhaps assume they are collaborating.  If I A's message is significantly larger then the other two, then perhaps they're taking some kind of vote.

So while it's a neat hack, I think the claims are overstated.

	/r$

--
Principal Security Engineer
Akamai Technology