[Cryptography] Universal security measures for crypto primitives

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 7 01:43:27 EDT 2013

Given the recent debate about security levels for different key sizes, the
following paper by Lenstra, Kleinjung, and Thome may be of interest:

  "Universal security from bits and mips to pools, lakes and beyond"
  http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/635.pdf

>From now on I think anyone who wants to argue about resistance to NSA attack
should be required to rate their pet scheme in terms of
neerslagverdampingsenergiebehoeftezekerheid (although I'm tempted to suggest
the alternative tausendliterbierverdampfungssicherheit, it'd be too easy to
cheat on that one).

Peter.