[Cryptography] Sha3

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Sat Oct 5 18:22:39 EDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 12:18 -0700, james hughes wrote:
> and the authors state that
You know why other people than the authors are doing cryptoanalysis on
algorithms? Simply because the authors may also oversee something in the
analysis of their own algorithm.

So while the argument "the original authors said it's fine" sounds quite
convincing, it is absolutely not - at least not per se.
The authors may be wrong or they may even be bought as well by NSA or
some other organisation.

Of course this doesn't mean that I’d have indication that any of this
was the case... I just don't like this narrow-minded "they said it's
okay, thus we must kill of any discussion" argument, which has been
dropped several times now.

Cheers,
Chris.