[Cryptography] Sha3

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Fri Oct 4 19:09:32 EDT 2013

Because not being fast enough means you don't ship.  You don't ship, you
didn't secure anything.

Performance will in fact trump security.  This is the empirical reality.
 There's some budget for performance loss. But we have lots and lots of
slow functions. Fast is the game.

(Now, whether my theory that we stuck with MD5 over SHA1 because variable
field lengths are harder to parse in C -- that's an open question to say
the least.)