[Cryptography] Why is emailing me my password?

Nick cryptography-list at njw.me.uk
Tue Oct 1 11:11:41 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 10:28:48AM -0400, Greg wrote:
> So, my password, iPoopInYourHat, is being sent to me in the clear by your servers.

All mailman lists do this by default. It does tell you on the sign
up page that it will do so, and that you shouldn't use a 'valuable'
(e.g. used elsewhere) password - see

It is an annoying default, but so long as you don't use a password
attached to anything else you care about, I don't think it should be
too much of a worry.