[Cryptography] Why is emailing me my password?

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Tue Oct 1 11:48:05 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Greg <greg at kinostudios.com> wrote:
> This falls somewhere in the land of beyond-the-absurd.
>
> Just got this message from your robot:
> So, my password, iPoopInYourHat, is being sent to me in the clear by your servers.
>
> Of all the places on the internet, this would be on the last places I would expect this to happen.

===
You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild
security, but should prevent others from messing with your
subscription. Do not use a valuable password as it will occasionally
be emailed back to you in cleartext.
===

You can also turn off password reminders, but the password will be
kept in plaintext.

--
Eitan Adler