[Cryptography] [cryptography] Practical Threshold Signatures

realcr realcr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 01:14:21 EST 2013

Hey. I want to thank everyone for the helpful answers. They were very
interesting to read.
>From what I understand, the group I'm looking for is an elliptic cure with
a weil pairing. (Jonathan mentioned bilinear map, I assume that means the
same thing?)
The C code for the Pairing based cryptography seems to be very useful for
this purpose.

I have two questions regarding the answers I received:

1. I feel not very smart in the domain of elliptic curves and Weil pairing.
Before jumping into the code I want to make sure I understand what I'm
doing. Do you have a recommendation of something I should read? I'm not
afraid of heavy math, though at the same time I can spend only so much time
on this.

2. Can I actually trust the elliptic curve with weil pairing to do its
cryptographic job? Maybe better asked: Can I trust it like I trust that it
is hard to factor numbers? (Maybe even more?)

I really appreciate your time reading this. Thank you for your help,
real.