[Cryptography] DNSNMC deprecates Certificate Authorities and fixes HTTPS security

Greg greg at kinostudios.com
Thu Dec 19 01:38:40 EST 2013

On Dec 18, 2013, at 5:50 PM, Ben Laurie <ben at links.org> wrote:
>> As far as I was able to tell, the paper was a restatement of the well-known
>> 51% problem.
>
> Let us suppose for a moment that this is correct. What is the
> well-known solution to the well-known 51% problem?

I included this link in my reply to you:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_blockchain_fair_sharing

Proof of blockchain fair sharing is a draft Bitcoin protocol change proposal by Iain Stewart, with the goal of allowing the network to continue to settle on a sensible consensus blockchain even when subject to a considerably-greater-than-50% attack.

The protocol is under construction. The following description is a "teaser", establishing its basic flavour and sketching how it exploits an asymmetry in the goals of the honest (<50%) and malicious (>50%) miners to avoid the usual reductio ad absurdum argument against any protocol surviving a >50% attack.

- Greg