[Cryptography] Size of the PGP userbase?

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 08:51:29 EST 2013

I am trying to get an estimate of the size of the PGP userbase for a
presentation. Does anyone have figures?

I have some figures for S/MIME and I am trying to make sense of them. When
I started looking at end to end email I was thinking that the problem was
we never hit critical mass. I am now thinking that we did hit critical mass
and the product is not wanted beyond a niche.

It does not make much difference since it is clear either way that we are
not going to get ubiquitous deployment by just waiting around for secure
email to go viral. The figures suggest that it already did as much as that
as it was going to.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/