[Cryptography] Email is securable within a coterie [was: Email is unsecurable]

Bob Simmons bsimmons at compassnet.com
Fri Dec 6 19:05:25 EST 2013

On 6 Dec 2013, Bill Stewart <bill.stewart at pobox.com> wrote:

> > and a mail-to-news gateway.
> >
> > > Right. That's the part I'm complaining about. How does a Windoze
> > user (install and) use
> > > mixmaster and where is a mail-to-news gateway that didn't turn
> > off the lights 10 years ago?
> >I don't use Windoze so can't give advice on using it.
>
> Simple.  Just install VMware Player, then download a Linux ISO,
> create a virtual machine, update Linux a few times, and install Linux
> Mixmaster :-)
>
> And yeah, original-architecture Usenet was better for this kind of
> application than the current dejanews.

Actually, I may have finally solved this for myself. By using the anonymous remailer at
dizum.com to send a message to its own mail-to-news gateway, carefully following its
syntax requirements, I have been able to post an anonymous message on
alt.anonymous.messages that looks much like all the others there. Way to go, Granny!

Of course, if I were to use this for real, I would have to be sure dizum.com isn't a honeypot.

--
Bob Simmons
Houston, Texas
bsimmons at compassnet.com
PGP Key ID: 0x95513124

We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered
minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe