[Cryptography] Why human-readable IDs (was Re: Email and IM are ideal candidates for mix networks)

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu Aug 29 13:33:18 EDT 2013

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 01:18:59 +1000 (EST) Dave Horsfall
<dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I've already started implementing my proposed solution to
> > that part of the problem. There is still a need for a distributed
> > database to handle the lookup load, though, and one that is not
> > the DNS.
>
> (Delurking)
>
> This suggests the use of LDAP.

I can think of no circumstances where I would voluntarily use LDAP as
the solution to any problem of any sort.

In any case, you will note that LDAP does not actually solve the
problem statement as I gave it: that is to say, users must be able to
join the system without the permission or assistance of systems
administrators.

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com