[Cryptography] Email and IM are ideal candidates for mix networks

Jonathan Thornburg jthorn at astro.indiana.edu
Wed Aug 28 11:03:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Jerry Leichter wrote:
> On the underlying matter of changing my public key:  *Why* would I have
> to change it?  It's not, as today, because I've changed my ISP or employer
> or some other random bit of routing information - presumably it's because
> my public key has been compromised.

Maybe it's because you've forgotten the passphrase guarding the
corresponding private key?

Or because you'd like to do the electronic equivalent of "change my name,
start [this facet of] my electronic life over"?

--
-- "Jonathan Thornburg <jthorn at astro.indiana.edu>
   Dept of Astronomy & IUCSS, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA