What if you had a very good entropy source, but only practical at crypto engine installation time?

Thierry Moreau thierry.moreau at connotech.com
Wed Oct 6 12:48:25 EDT 2010

Dear all:

The PUDEC (Practical Use of Dice for Entropy Collection) scheme has been
advanced. The new web page is at http://pudec.connotech.com

The main technical advance in this release is the documentation of
(deterministic) algorithmic support (
http://pudec.connotech.com/pudec_algo.html ). This development effort
uses a structured process as if it targeted FIPS140-2 level 4
certification, hence the release of documentation before reference
source code.

Plus the PUDEC dice sets are now offered for sale.

If you are part of an open source project (GPL) for a cryptographic key
management server or an "open source HSM" and you see a useful feature
in self-evident entropy source, don't hesitate to contact me (I would
consider an open source contribution if such projects have a reasonable
chance of critical mass adoption).

Enjoy!

--
- Thierry Moreau