What if you had a very good patent lawyer...

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Thu Jul 22 20:59:50 EDT 2010

It's pretty outrageous that anyone would try to patent rolling barcoded
dice to generate random numbers.

I've been generating random strings from dice for years.  I find that
gamers' 20-sided dice are great; each roll gives you a hex digit, and
anytime you roll a 17 thru 20, you just roll again.  One die will do;
you just roll it as many times as you need hex digits.

Presumably pointing a camera at ordinary dice could automate the data
collection -- hey, wait, let me get my patent lawyer!

	John