RSA question

Justin Ferguson jnferguson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:20:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the padding
scheme is the only thing that keeps the ciphertext from being
deterministic. Thus without it, the attacker could generate
ciphertexts until their ciphertext matched the real one. My question
is mostly how much does the lack of/determinism in padding help the
attacker? Or is this the same as more or less brute forcing with the
padding?

Best Regards,

Justin N. Ferguson