full-disk subversion standards released

Darren J Moffat Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM
Fri May 1 06:29:25 EDT 2009

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> No, no there's not.  In fact, I solicited information here about crypto
> accellerators with onboard persistent key memory ("secure key storage")
> about two years ago and got basically no responses except pointers to
> the same old, discontinued or obsolete products I was trying to replace.

I wouldn't normally play marketeer but since you asked did you look at
this product ?   Either way I'd be interested in your view on it.

http://www.sun.com/products/networking/sslaccel/suncryptoaccel6000/index.xml

Please ignore the "sslaccel" in the URL this card doesn't know anything
about SSL it is a pure Crypto accelerator and keystore with a FIPS 140-2
@ Level certification.  Support on Solaris, OpenSolaris, RHEL 5 and SuSE 10.

It has the ability to have centralised key management and shared
keystores (within and across machines).

It even has Eliptic Curve support available.

--
Darren J Moffat