Quiet in the list...

Sidney Markowitz sidney at sidney.com
Sat Sep 6 10:39:34 EDT 2008

IanG wrote, On 7/9/08 2:06 AM:
> Then, when a new Thunderbird comes out, you load that up and
> the other packages cease to work

As far as I recall, the last time Thunderbird had an upgrade it told me
that one was available, I clicked to upgrade, and the addons, including
Enigmail, continue to work. When there was an upgrade available to
Enigmail, same thing. And the upgrade to GNUgpg also installed cleanly
with no reconfiguration necessary. It has all been as transparent as can be.

My only problem with it is that I keep having this nagging feeling in
the back of my mind that "set it and forget it" is not the best approach
to security.

  -- sidney