OpenSparc -- the open source chip (except for the crypto parts)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun May 4 22:29:40 EDT 2008

Marcos el Ruptor wrote:
 > If you want a guarantee or a proof, better ask all the
 > reverse engineers you know to take a closer look at
 > the program and tell you if there is a backdoor,
 > anything malicious or anything sneaky or suspicious.

If it was easy to find deliberate flaws, it would be
even easier to find accidental flaws.

And since we still find horrible and extremely
straightforward flaws, flaws that are in retrospect
glaringly obvious and exactly the things that one should
look for, in systems that have been out for many years,
it is not easy to find accidental flaws.