how to read information from RFID equipped credit cards

Allen netsecurity at sound-by-design.com
Thu Mar 27 14:35:58 EDT 2008

Ben Laurie wrote:

[snip]

> And so we end up at the position that we have ended up at so many times
> before: the GTCYM has to have a decent processor, a keyboard and a
> screen, and must be portable and secure.
>
> One day we'll stop concluding this and actually do something about it.

And it can almost certainly be done with the current technology.
Arnnei Speiser at http://www.megaas.co.nz/ has a two factor one
time password application that runs on a java enabled cellphone.
If he can do this I suspect it is but short hop to what you suggest.

He has a bank demo that is worth looking at as a potential model.

Best,

Allen