Protection mail at rest

Eric Cronin ecronin at gizmolabs.org
Tue Jun 3 16:37:20 EDT 2008

On Jun 3, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Adam Aviv wrote:

> Depending on the level of protection you want, you could just add a
> script to your .forward to encrypt your email before delivery using
> PGP/GPG. However, this will leave the headers in the clear, so you
> will likely want to create an entirely new envelope for the message
> with the original message encrypted as the body or an attachment.

Does anybody have a recipe for this first mode handy?  plain text e-
mails seem simple enough, but there needs to be a bit of MIME
unwrapping and rewrapping to correctly handle attachments so that the
client sees/decrypts them correctly I think.  I've searched from time
to time and never found a good HowTo...

Thanks,
Eric