fyi: Traitor Tracing for Anonymous Attack in AACS Content Protection

' =JeffH ' Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Tue Jun 3 11:22:14 EDT 2008

From:    "Adam Barth" <abarth at cs.stanford.edu>
Subject: TOMORROW 3 Jun - Hongxia Jin - Traitor Tracing for Anonymous Attack in
	   AACS Content Protection
To:      security-seminar at lists.stanford.edu
Date:    Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:48:48 -0700

Title: Traitor Tracing for Anonymous Attack in AACS Content Protection

Speaker: Hongxia Jin, IBM Almaden

Abstract:

Broadcast encryption and traitor tracing are two active problems in
cryptography community.  In this talk I will give an overview on how
broadcast encryption and traitor tracing can be used for content
protection.  My focus of the talk is on tracing traitors for anonymous
attack. It is a way to trace the source of unauthorized copies of the
content or content encrypting keys when the system is broadcasted.  I
will give the talk in the context of AACS, the new industry content
protection standards for next generation high definition DVDs, It is
the first large-scale commercial deployment of  a traitor tracing
technology.  Along the way we have had to solve both practical and
theoretical problems that had not been apparent in the literature to
date.  In this talk I will focus on addressing some of those problems
in our process of bringing a theoretical solution to practice.

3 Jun (Tuesday) at 1630 hrs
Gates 4B (opposite 490)

Stanford Security Seminar on Google Calendar:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=98e49qo62mapd82qi9468tahls%40group.cal
endar.google.com
security-seminar mailing list
security-seminar at lists.stanford.edu