The PKC-only application security model ...

Thierry Moreau thierry.moreau at connotech.com
Wed Jul 23 18:32:02 EDT 2008

Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote about various flavors of certificateless
public key operation in various standards, notably in the financial
industry.

Thanks for reporting those.

No doubt that certificateless public key operation is neither new nor
absence from today's scene.

The document I published on my web site today is focused on fielding
certificateless public operations with the TLS protocol which does not
support client public keys without certificates - hence the meaningless
security certificate. Nothing fancy in this technique, just a small
contribution with the hope to facilitate the use of client-side PKC.

- Thierry Moreau