two-person login?

mark seiden-via mac mis at seiden.com
Tue Jan 29 12:41:01 EST 2008

another term you might look for (used in physical security and
financial controls)  is  "dual custody" or sometimes "double custody".

		(if you're searching, add " -child"  or "security" for better search
quality)

i don't see why the analogies are not apt.

one question is whether the two people can both perform their
respective act independently
or whether they need to perform their act within a bounded time.

in the case of auditcon locks, for example, often used on the money
safe part of atms:
http://www.kaba.co.uk/products/auditcon-2-series-model-252.asp

these features are called

"Supervisor/Subordinate Mode
Allows access by a subordinate only after being enabled by a
supervisory combination. Once enabled, a subordinate user has access
to the lock during any valid opening time."
[for example, this would be used in a supermarket if a manager wants
to allow a subordinate to open the safe the next morning]
or

"Dual Custody
Two Person Integrity, which requires two users to open the lock."

the x-09 (approved for use in us top secret) has three modes:
A-single combination code
b-Dual combination mode which allows access only when two different
three number combinations are dialed within 10 seconds of one another
c-Supervisory/subordinate mode