Dutch Transport Card Broken

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Fri Jan 25 10:28:55 EST 2008

my impression has been that with lack of takeup of various kinds of security
solutions that were extensively marketed in the 90s ... that the current
situation has many of those same organizations heavily involved in behind
the scenes lobbying

saw some of that nearly a decade ago when we were brought in to
help wordsmith the cal. state electronic signature legislation which
led to also be brought in on federal electronic signature legislation
... some past posts
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subpubkey.html#signature

some other references ...

Hackers break into transport smart card
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/01/german_hackers_break_transport.php
Transport smart card hacked again (update)
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/01/transport_smart_card_hacked_ag.php