Death of antivirus software imminent

Angelos D. Keromytis angelos at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 2 15:53:26 EST 2008

There was a paper in IEEE Security & Privacy 2006 by Sam King on how
to do this kind of attack (his system was called SubVirt):
	http://www.eecs.umich.edu/virtual/papers/king06.pdf

However, in practice it turns out this is a much harder than people
think. See Tal Garfinkel's paper on precisely this topic at HotOS 2007:
	http://www.stanford.edu/~talg/papers/HOTOS07/abstract.html

-Angelos