Elcomsoft trying to patent faster GPU-based password cracker

Angelos D. Keromytis angelos at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 25 22:13:56 EDT 2007

Actually, there's a slightly earlier paper:

"CryptoGraphics: Secret Key Cryptography Using Graphics Cards"
Debra L. Cook, John Ioannidis, Angelos D. Keromytis, and Jake Luck. In
Proceedings of the RSA Conference, Cryptographer's Track (CT-RSA), pp.
334 - 350. February 2005, San Francisco, CA. An older version is
available as Columbia University Computer Science Department Technical
Report CUCS-002-04.

You can get it from
http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~angelos/Papers/2004/gc_ctrsa.pdf
-Angelos