TPM, part 2

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jul 1 06:38:03 EDT 2007

"Leichter, Jerry" <leichter_jerrold at emc.com> writes:

>All your data belong to us.  From Computerworld.
>
>Trusted Computing Group turns attention to storage

I think it's more like "There must be some business case for these things
somewhere, surely.  Let's try a breadth-first search...".

"David G. Koontz" <david_koontz at xtra.co.nz> writes:

>Even conservatively there is in the tens of millions of these devices sold,
>although we have no indication how many were actually used for Trusted
>Computing purposes.

I have a friend who implemented a basic trusted-boot mechanism for a student
project, so we have evidence of at least one use of a TPM for TC, and I know
some folks at IBM Research were playing with one a few years ago, so that's at
least two users so far.  Anyone else?

Peter.