see also credentica announcement about U-prove (Re: IBM donates new privacy tool to open-source)

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Thu Feb 15 13:24:11 EST 2007

Adam Back wrote:
> Related to this announcement, credentica.com (Stefan Brands' company)
> has released "U-Prove", their toolkit & SDK for doing limited-show,
> selective disclosure and other aspects of the Brands credentials.
>
> 	http://www.credentica.com/uprove_sdk.html
>
> (Also on Stefans blog http://www.idcorner.org/?p=144).
>
> I believe Brands credentials are considerably more computationally
> efficient and more general/flexible than Camenisch credentials.

Not sure about more general. Brands does claim they are more efficient,
though - however, Camenisch/Lysyanskya credentials have been improved
since they were first thought of, and are also a lot faster if you don't
insist on academic rigour. I have not yet put them side-by-side, but I
do have a partial implementation of C/L credentials for OpenSSL and am
planning a Brands implementation, too.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html           http://www.links.org/