[Cfrg] Applications of target collisions: Pre or post-dating MD5-based RFC 3161 time-stamp tokens

Alfonso De Gregorio adg at crypto.lo.gy
Fri Oct 27 08:09:20 EDT 2006

Hi Steven, hi Benne,

Yes, this is a sweet and sour truth. We are not getting closer to
preimage attacks. We are getting more far away from considering preimage
and second-preimage resistance sufficient hash-function requirements for
the real-world security of some protocols.

Cheers,

-- Alfonso              http://crypto.lo.gy