fyi: Deniable File System - Rubberhose

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Tue May 2 17:19:33 EDT 2006

On 5/2/06, Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I spent some time thinking about this a few years back:
>
>  http://diswww.mit.edu/bloom-picayune/crypto/15520
>
> Rubberhose was one of the things that came up, along with StegFS and
> BestCrypt. Unfortunately, it seems like Rubberhose hasn't seen work in
> over 5 years.

Don't forget http://www.truecrypt.org/

The rubberhose web site disappeared a while back, but you can google
and find an archive.  I too have a mirror, should that one be out of
date.

I once ported a crypted file system, and indeed it is quite difficult
with monolithic kernels.  And you are really putting your data at
risk, so be sure to include backups in your implementation.  And test
those backups, especially if you are backing up the crypted image, as
opposed to encrypting your backups.
--
"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" -- Steven Wright
Security Guru for Hire http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-