encrypted file system issues (was Re: PGP "master keys")

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Mon May 1 18:37:16 EDT 2006

On 5/1/06, Perry E. Metzger <perry at piermont.com> wrote:
> Not if you design it correctly. Disk encryption systems like CGD work
> on the block level, and do not propagate CBC operations across blocks,

So is it vulnerable to any of the attacks here?
http://clemens.endorphin.org/LinuxHDEncSettings

I used to run NetBSD 1.6 IIRC, and for some reason cgd was in previous
and later releases but not that one.  I found that puzzling.
--
"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" -- Steven Wright
Security Guru for Hire http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-