free e-voting software available?!

Thierry Moreau thierry.moreau at connotech.com
Thu Jun 15 14:52:40 EDT 2006

John R. Black wrote:

> My department would like to conduct departmental votes in some automated way.
> We're looking for free software, (or modestly-priced software) to do this.
>
> Anyone know of such a thing?  I've done some searching without any luck.

Query your search engine for Punchscan, a design led by the
distinguished cryptographer David Chaum, e.g.
http://vote.cs.gwu.edu/vsrw2006/papers/9.pdf.

Apparently, their development project is aimed at educational votations
as an operational proof-of-concept.

Interesting project, cryptography application to voting system without
number theory or secret key cipher design.

Have fun.

--

- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.