free e-voting software available?!

John R. Black John.Black at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jun 15 14:01:53 EDT 2006

My department would like to conduct departmental votes in some automated way.
We're looking for free software, (or modestly-priced software) to do this.

Anyone know of such a thing?  I've done some searching without any luck.

We don't have the usual requirements of a full-blown voting package
(for example, we don't need to ensure that Alice cannot prove whom she
voted for later on; this is a typical requirement of voting schemes).

We are not voting on earth-shattering events, so it doesn't have to be
perfect.  We just want to improve on the "email your votes to the secretary"
approach.

If nothing suitable is out there, I'll likely get a student to write something
and put it into the public domain.

john//